The PC Indie Pitch is a mammoth developer pitching competition open to all types of independent developers working on Digital PC games, wherever they are based.
At the event, a host of leading PC game journalists will be gathered together with industry judges to run the rule over a selection of pre-filtered games.
The developers are allowed 5 minutes (4 mins pitch, 1 min Q&A) to pitch to each judge table in a ‘speed dating’ style.
Aside from the chance to get their game in front of the leading media influencers and potential publisher partners, this PC Indie Pitch also rewards the top developers with a share of a promotional prize package.
What? How? Who?
How it’ll work couldn’t be simpler. We’re inviting indie developers of all shapes and sizes along to pitch their games to our judges, which will include leading PC journalists, publishers, investors and industry experts.
Developers must pitch their games either via a video, or on laptops, moving from one table of judges to the next. Around 10 developers will run the gauntlet, giving their all in quickfire 5-minute pitches to demonstrate that their title is worth the PC Indie Pitch crown, and coverage in the PC games media.
- You don’t need to prepare any slides, just come with your game and laptop, or your presentation, and show the judges the gameplay while you describe its merits.
- Wifi can be patchy at the venues so ideally have your game offline to avoid any issues.
- You will not be pitching on stage to a room full of people! Don’t worry, the meetings are between you and one or two judges at a time only.
- Yes, you can bring your colleagues to participate/watch (if you need more tickets, get in touch).
- Yes, do bring along any swag, stickers and business cards to give to the judges!
- Here are some tips to help you prepare (it was originally written for mobile developers, but many of the points still stand).
- And here’s a useful info pack.
Will Lowther, Head of Product Development & Strategy – Multiplay
Grzegorz ‘Greg’ Ciach, CEO & Game Director – Polyamorous
Dean Noakes, Indie Game Evangelist – Noaksey
Alex Calvin, Editor – PC Games Insider
Dave Bradley, COO – Steel Media
Katleen Evers, CEO – 4Evers Games
Jon Lopera, Senior Account Director – Dimoso